Thursday, January 18, 2007

Renovations.. Moving Ahead...

Well, I took out the work that had already been done on the plumbing and started re-routing everything last night. Then, like ADD girl, got distracted by shoring up the floor beams.

The floor in the bathroom is a pain in the butt. For one thing - it isn't level. Leveling it would require finding the high point in the room and matching everything up to that point. I am talking probably two inches from one side of the room to the other. This is not insignificant.

On top of that the joists have been hacked and notched over the year to install the original bathroom and lighting. So they are full of cracks and holes. Some end out in space - meaning they don't rest on the structural beams at the end walls. Grrr.. It's probably not as bad as it sounds.

So, last night I cut a chunk of one beam out and replaced it. I have a 2x8 to shore up another beam close to the toilet. I think once this is done I can finish up the piping. I hope to do that on Saturday.

More pics soon...

No comments: